Thursday, August 5, 2010

Quiet Surroundings!!

Today was a pretty quiet day here in the Stu. It was my first full day alone; first of 9 days alone in the wilderness, aka our house. A person doesn't realize how lucky they are to have luxuries such as Wal-Mart or Best Buy. I am sitting here bored out of my mind wondering what I could possibly do for the next 3 hours before I go to bed. Speaking of going to bed, I had to laugh at myself last night when I headed to bed because the sun was still shinning bright and the sky was full of light. (I did not mean for that to rhyme) l felt like a little kid having a 7:00 bedtime. I am still not used to this sunlight stuff until 11 or 12 at night. The only good thing about it is that I put my watch on the window ledge last night and it was charged this morning when I woke up!!



I was supposed to go fishing with one of the guy teachers here in the village last night but it got to be to late so we planned for this afternoon but weather kind of kept us inland. It has been raining off and on all day so I wasn't all that upset about not going, I didn't feel like getting rained on while I sit in a boat trying to catch something I most likely wont eat!! I keep asking people where I would fish for the best fish sticks but they all just look at me like I am stupid or something. I know they exist because I buy them at the store. I am looking forward to eventually getting out on the river though because I want to see what is outside of New Stuyahok. I look around and see nothing but amazing views but they are all so far away.



I helped Kyle with some of the mail today. He stopped by and asked if I was free to help and of course I jumped at the idea because I didn't have anything else to do at that particular moment. It was almost like Christmas because one of the bins that Brie and I shipped finally arrived. I have been waiting on a pair of shoes and some shirts. Luckily I can wear basically the same stuff every day and no one really pays attention or cares. I change the important items daily. (I.E. Socks) I must have this look of boredom on my face because Kyle stopped by again this evening and asked if I wanted to tag along to the airport to pick up Bob and Leda. I again jumped at the idea because I wanted a change of scenery. I hadn't been out that way since Brie and I flew in 6 days ago. Obviously at that time everything looked the same and I really didn't have much of a chance to take it all in.



To end the blog tonight I will share some very exciting news with all of you readers....When kyle and I picked up Bob and Leda at the airport I was given a very important box. The contents of this box are priceless in my opinion. Inside this box was a wireless keyboard and mouse for my work computer. I am beyond thrilled to have these because I was about to go insane using the laptop keyboard and mouse. Now I know most of you or actually all of you were thinking the contents were something a lot more exciting than a keyboard and mouse but out here that's a sweet combo!!



Until next time!! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment