Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bags a plenty!!

Today has been pretty uneventful which to some people might seem a bit boring but considering yesterday we are pretty happy with boring. We basically took today to figure out our remaining bags and what we wanted to ship before we fly out tomorrow. The first thing we had to do was venture to Wal-Mart in Eagle River; this Wal-Mart has the most amazing view ever. I think we all decided that if Corporate Wal-Mart has pictures of all their locations this would be in the top 5 of amazing views. After our trip to Wal-Mart we had to go back to the airport to pick up our luggage; last night when we changed flights our luggage didn't quite make it to the plane in time so it came in a few hours after we landed. It wasn't a huge deal other than the fact that I could shower which was gross and if you know me at all then you know that showering is very important to me and something I do first thing every morning; it is now 7:52 pm here and I just got out of the shower for the first time today! GROSS!!!

Once we picked up our luggage we headed to Sam's Club to buy our meat, dairy and frozen items. I would have to say this Sam's Club was the smallest one I have ever been in. They had 3 frozen sections in total so our options were very slim. We were able to get the bare essentials luckily. We made a 2nd trip to Wal-Mart just because we love it so much and wont have one for 10 months; we also got another cooler for our food. Brie, Claire and Lindsey are now on their way to Target to do some shopping; they are supposed to pick me up a t-shirt to wear tomorrow so hopefully its not girly or stupid because I don't want the first impression of the people in our new home to be a bad one based on my shirt. hahaha

We are heading back to the airport tonight so Claire and ship her bin(s) out; we thought the post office stayed open later here but unfortunately it closes around the same time as any other post office in the country....Thanks Claire!! Brie and I are going to drop off our 2 coolers full of food at the airport tonight because they have big freezer/coolers for storage. We are hoping to have as little of luggage tomorrow as possible since these planes aren't very big. We just hope that they have enough room for me to fit!!

That's all for now. Tomorrow is the big move to New Stuyahok. Wish us luck and decent weather!! I hope I don't throw up on these planes tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment